Updated - March 2012
Distributors and car workshops
To maximize your learning, we advise you to have completed the eXponentia course Vehicle Electrical/Electronics-1 (VEE1).
£175 + VAT
The aim of this course is to provide the technician with the necessary information and practical expertise to understand, repair and diagnose Start-Stop Systems on diesel and petrol engines of all brands, including latest generation Start-Stop Systems.
• The reasons why Start-Stop systems are developed
• The increase in Start-Stop systems over the coming years
• General battery information
• Importance of fitting the right battery
• Different battery types
• Getting to know the different types of Start-Stop systems on the market (BAS, enforced starter, combination of conventional starter and BAS, (i-)StARS)
• Different ways to start an engine (including hybrid generator start)
• Getting to know the working principle of the different Start-Stop systems on the market
• Normal behavior of Start-Stop systems
• Service inspections and procedures on Start-Stop systems
• Service procedure on Start-Stop
• AGM batteries and replacement information
• Possible failures on Start-Stop systems
• How to sell the repair
• General failures of Start-Stop systems
• Explaining the repair to the customer
• Performing the Service procedure on Start-Stop Battery replacement
• Diagnosing normal Start-Stop behavior
• Diagnosing Start-Stop system errors
Tools and Equipments
• Practical exercises will be conducted on real Start-Stop vehicles.
• Information systems and special tools present during the training.
• This course is suitable for experienced and inexperienced people.
• The course provides the essential information on the existing and latest generation Start-Stop systems.
• Since practical exercises are an important part of this training, the number of the participants has been limited to maximum 12 people, in order to make it possible for everybody to put into practice what they have learned during training.
• This course is also available as an shorter 'information only course', without the practical exercises - giving you the overview of the current Start-Stop Systems on the market.
For more information call 0844 879 34 64